Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why Me, God?

"Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go," Joshua 1:9 (NIV).

Why Me, God?

When my husband left for his new life, the thought of parenting alone terrified me. I barraged God with "Why" questions. Why was my husband unfaithful? Why did he blame me for his choices? Why did he refuse to reconcile? Why didn't God change him? Why was I left alone?

God could have given me reasons and answers to every "Why" question, but he didn't. Instead, he gave me himself.

God's Word assures me that God will never leave me, forsake me or be unfaithful. He sticks closer than super glue, putting the pieces of my life back together. Through every uncertain, chaotic passage of my life, fear erected barriers to moving forward. I didn't want my fears to grow stronger than my faith.

I've seen the past and God sees tomorrow. Today I will not be terrified or discouraged, I will trust the One who locks tight to me—everywhere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment