Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stalked by Loneliness

"My eyes are continually toward the LORD, For He will pluck my feet out of the net. Turn to me and be gracious to me, For I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged; Bring me out of my distresses." —Psalm 25:15–17 (NASB)

Stalked by Loneliness

Loneliness stalked my heart last night.

I didn't appreciate the unwanted attention. That disconcerting feeling harasses my heart, intimidating my contentment. The solitary journey of parenting alone magnifies aloneness.

I wish I could shatter loneliness or at least get a restraining order to keep it far from my heart. God's promise comforts me, "I am a father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows. I'm in my holy habitation. And I make a home for the lonely," Psalm 68:5-6 (NASB).

In spite of all the rejection, hurt and isolation I've experienced, I still desire to connect. The thorn of being alone spurs me to pursue God, life and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment