Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Balance Sheet Analysis Guide

"For man is born for trouble, As sparks fly upward. 'But as for me, I would seek God, and I would place my cause before God; Who does great and unsearchable things, wonders without number." —Job 5:7–9 (NASB)


The Balance Sheet Analysis Guide

Looking back on all my years of single parenthood, I'm amazed.

I survived.

When I compare income with outflow, nothing adds up. Because "nothing" provided a good descriptor of my income after bills.

I lacked $37 to pay my utilities and requested help.

"Go get another job or two," my pastor advised.

The power company cut off my utilities.

No heat.

No hot food.

No refrigerator to keep food cold.

No warm water to bathe my preschool sons.

Even though I did not have good feelings about that pastor, I felt victorious. I bathed my sons under a swimming pool outdoor shower. I used melted ice cubes to brush teeth. We survived for days, until I received my next paycheck.

Many times, I felt trapped. I worked two or three jobs. Even so, I could not improve my circumstances. The only thing I could change was my inner spiritual state. I pled my causes before God. When man does not listen, care or help, God balances inequity. The Loaves and Fishes Phenomenon stretched my faith, multiplying every penny I earned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you definitely have a book to share to encourage and comfort other singles. You always touch my heart with your honesty.

    ReplyDelete