Monday, July 13, 2009

God Deals Justly with Individuals

"But if a man is righteous and practices justice and righteousness, if a man does not oppress anyone, does not commit robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing, if he does not lend money on interest or take increase, if he keeps his hand from iniquity and executes true justice between man and man, if he walks in My statutes and My ordinances so as to deal faithfully,-he is righteous and will surely live," declares the Lord GOD.—Ezekiel 18:5,7–9

God Deals Justly with My Oppressors

Today, I recalled people who robbed me of my meager earnings: a realtor who cheated me when I bought my house, a well-known car dealer who sold me a car that didn't run and threatened to sue me if I didn't make the payments, a boss and co-worker who lied, impacting my income, only to name a few.

My mom says, "They don't fear God."

God repeatedly warns individuals not to oppress the widow or orphan. These individuals crossed God and obviously have no fear of the consequences of their actions.

I do not take pleasure in wishing those who oppressed me with harm and neither does God. My prayer and God's desire is that they will turn from their evil ways and turn to God. God reminds me, "Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, in due time their foot will slip; for the day of their calamity is near, and the impending things are hastening upon them," (Deuteronomy 32:35 NASB).

Yikes!

Individuals can escape responsibility for a time. Ultimately, God judges each person for his or her conduct, holding people accountable for their choices.

I prefer to trust (fear, respect) God, he will take care of me, because "The LORD favors those who fear Him, Those who wait for His lovingkindness," (Psalm 147:11 NASB).

No comments:

Post a Comment