Friday, July 10, 2009

A Fearless Trust in God

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? Psalm 27:1 (NASB)

A Fearless Trust in God

A friend's severely disabled child is unable to take care of himself. Taking him places is a handholding adventure. He slips his clawed hand into mine, fearlessly trusting me to walk beside him.

In many ways, he's fearless due to the naivety of his developmental disabilities. Mr. Curiosity strikes out courageously, as his determined wobbly walk heads towards items catching his eye.

And, in other ways, his grip tightens when the unsteadiness of his gait falters. His faith in me is simple and complete. My sweet friend helps me see simple joys and appreciate what I take for granted, even God.

My 'intelligence' often disables my trust in God. I long to depend on God the way my 'disabled' buddy fearlessly trusts me to protect, provide, lead, and care for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment